We have carefully followed CDC guidance every step of the last 15 months, but in this case we decided to go a little slower, just in case. As a family environment with a diverse customer base, it's been important to us to take a holistic view and we'd rather err on the side of caution than not.
I'm so pleased with the data trends in Shelby County these last 6 weeks and am delighted to see that we have not experienced a surge in the wake of restrictions lifting. I am also thrilled to report that Team Muddy's is 100% fully vaccinated. Given all this, it feels appropriate to move into our next phase of protocols. Yay!
- Masks are welcome, but not required, for vaccinated staff & guests. If you are unvaccinated, please continue masking. Free masks will remain available to anyone who wants one.
- Indoor capacity is 10 guests; distancing encouraged rather than enforced. (I think we can all agree that having some personal space is a WAY better shopping experience!)
- Touchless payment only (no cash handling).
- ‘Queen of Clean’ will keep making frequent sanitizing rounds.
- Staff wellness protocols (ie: health checks, etc) will remain stringent.
- Hand sanitizer available in multiple places for guest & staff use.
What about the bakery case and indoor seating?
YES, both will return... as part of our renovation! Our office cubbies & storage will move next door (with our new kitchen classroom!) when that phase of the build-out is finished. That means the size of the “bake sale” will double, making room for the bakery case, seating, etc. It’s gonna be so awesome, y’all.
Yes, just reserve your treats online 2-6 days in advance. Our preorder pickup station will remain separate from the shop, both to provide an option for those wanting this level of precaution AND ease of pickup for all our preorder customers. For same day, we can't make guarantees, but call us and we'll do our best to make arrangements (please be aware that sometimes call volume is more than we can handle- there may be a wait).
Thanks to our customers & community for giving us both trust & time to make these decisions in ways that felt responsible to us.
Thanks to all the small business owners who have shared information, ideas, etc - it's an honor to walk this path with y'all.
And thanks to every single person in our community who has gotten vaccinated!