I hope you're sitting down because we've got some big news for you, folks. You know we have made the best cookies in Memphis here at Muddy's Bake Shop for the past almost 8 years, but we aren't into resting on that sort of laurels. We knew we could make them better, so we did. After several busy months of development in our test kitchen, we are stoked to be able to finally introduce to our lovely customers not one but TWO new and improved renditions of favorite Muddy's cookies!
First up is our seasonal classic, the Molasses Gingerbread Cookie. You already know it is a particularly soft, moist, and buttery cookie, falling right in that sweet spot between cakiness and brownieness that you just have to experience to understand. Not quite as sweet as some of our other cookies here at Muddy's, our Molasses Gingerbread Cookies are known for their intense wintertime spiciness. Seriously, these things taste like Christmas. Not just any Christmas, mind you, but that one when you came into the living room and found Santa left something so big it didn't fit under the tree. So how could something so perfect be made even more perfect?
1. We added bits of candied ginger. You guys have made it pretty clear that you love the candied ginger baked into Dad's Ginger Scones, so we thought we'd try it out in these cookies. One taste and there was no going back!
2. We rolled them in raw sugar. Molasses cookies need a crunchy, crackly exterior. Raw sugar is where it's at!
3. We made them bigger! A cookie this good has got to be at least a bit oversized. Trust us, your taste buds will demand it!
Our second in our line of new and improved cookies may come as more of a surprise, considering just how huge of a year-round favorite it is.
Seriously, I've eaten one of Muddy's Chocolate Chip Cookies almost every day for the last two years (you can ask any of my co-workers if you don't believe me: I am not one to make this kind of thing up). So needless to say, my mouth literally dropped when I first heard about the change of recipe, but from my first bite of the new Chocolate Chip Cookie, I decided I didn't want to live in a world without them ever again!
Like our Molasses Gingerbread Cookie, our new Chocolate Chip Cookie had a three-step makeover.
1. We replaced the chips with chunks. With our high-quality semisweet chocolate chunks, you get bigger oh-so-melty pools of chocolate in every bite. Can you say, "YUM"?
2. We upgraded the salt. Because why use table salt when you can use fine sea salt? Sea salt adds that little something-something that brings out the caramelized flavor of the brown sugar and butter better than anything else.
3. We made them bigger! Same deal as with our new Molasses Gingerbread Cookies: when a cookie is this big on flavor, it's GOTTA be, well, big.
Naturally, cookies this fancy are going to cost a bit more than their plainer counterparts ($1.15 each), but trust us: you won't be complaining once you get your hands (or tastebuds, I should say) on them! We can't wait to share our latest lovelies with you, our lovely customers. Don't be shy. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!