Welcome to Muddy's Fun House: Super Fantastic At Home Bake-a-long and Variety Show... with your host, Kat from Muddy's!
(New to the Fun House? Here's a little FAQ about the show)
In this first episode we're baking an old family recipe from Kat's childhood, her brother Preston's favorite cake. It's a super simple chocolate cake made with mostly shelf-stable ingredients that you probably have in your pantry and it's easy to make for bakers of all ages. We'll also create a spring garland for a craft. We hope you have fun, get a little wacky, and enjoy the show.
Without further ado... here is episode 1!
Ingredient List for the Bake-a-long:
- AP flour
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- canola oil (or any veg oil)
- peanut butter (can sub almond butter)
- powdered sugar
- Patreon supporters, be sure to snag your PDF of the recipe on our Patreon page
- Not a supporter yet? Become a patron here
- Bake-a-long chapter begins at 3:39
- Craft chapter begins at 19:01
- Like the oven mitt? We sell 'em!
- Want to submit a question for a future "mail bag" portion?
Email kat(at)muddysbakeshop.com or send a real letter (yay!) to Muddy's Bake Shop attn: Fun House 2497 Broad Ave #101 Memphis, TN 38112
- Special mad props to: Kirby for amazing video editing and creativity, Noah Glenn of Perpetual Motion for generously sharing some tips & tricks, my mom for baking us this cake as kids