We have LOVED making so many chicken pot pies and LOVE how much y'all are enjoying them! It's also super fun to see your pics on Instagram showing off your crust browning skills. Overall, we're just really enjoying adding some savory goodness to our menu (hello chicken salad, quiches, and more!)...
So, we thought it'd be nice to share a couple of my go-to quick side salad recipes that make excellent accompaniments. Take your Muddy's-at-home meal to the next level... without a lot of fuss.
Green Side Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 stalks celery, sliced very thin
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- big fistful (or two!) of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- squeeze of lemon
- Maldon salt & freshly cracked pepper
- small drizzle olive oil
Just toss it all in a large bowl, no need to make dressing separately!
* * * *
Slightly Fancy Stone Fruit Salad
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 peach or nectarine, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- a few pieces of burrata cheese (just break it up with your hands)
- handful of almonds (Marcona, if you're feeling luxurious), roughly chopped
- a few cracks fresh black pepper
Assemble on the plate in order of listing. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette (shake in a jar: 1/3 c olive oil, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbl dijon mustard or Durkee's, a little S&P). Enjoy!